Metocean is a key input to all stages of an offshore development, including resource assessment. Metocean services offered by Oceanalysis include:
- Site assessment, engineering design and operating criteria
- Specialist characterisation of ocean currents and offshore winds
- Independent review of data products, analyses or reports
- Specification or review of data requirements
- Preparation and delivery of bespoke training
Understanding the key metocean processes that impact a development site is fundamental. This is a prerequisite for selection of appropriate data sources and assessment of data integrity.
Metocean consultancy involves detailed interaction with clients, to understand their needs and develop cost effective solutions. This requires effective communication at the interface between engineering and the scientific disciplines of meteorology and oceanography.
Oceanalysis involves a rigorous digital workflow, so is fully traceable and can be efficiently reproduced.